Re: Oops, and an idea...

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 07/21/95

On Fri, 21 Jul 1995, Ron Poulton wrote:

> Perhaps a scabbard would add an initiative to combat.  If a mobile
> attacks the player, having the weapon ready in a single position could
> add a bonus to a block or attack.  The assumption here is that the
> scabbard keeps the weapon in a place where the player can act on its
> current position quicker and has bonuses to attacks from the scabbard.

	I think that having a weapon in your hand is much better and
easier to defend yourself with than having it in a scabbard at your
belt....
	For those planning on making scabbards, you could also create a
fast-draw skill (for warriors, say) that allows them to draw their
weapons when they are attacked instead of having to enter 'draw <x>' or
whatever.  But then, I tend to like a more 'realistic' MUD combat
system... :)

	Graham Gilmore