CPU time, RAM usage for running a MUD

From: The Mighty Spaz Twit (spaz@helix.net)
Date: 07/26/95

Howdy folks! I am negotioating for a site for my mud, and I have a couple
of questions for imps...

1. What kind of CPU time would, say, a mud with 10-50 PCs online use up?

2. How much RAM do your MUDs use up? I expect to have a fairly large
number of rooms (not 1 million tho =) and the requisite mobs/items, but I
don't have a way to guess how much RAM would be used up...

and I know this was asked recently, but I didnt need to read the answer
at the time, so:
3. How should I set up the directory rights? should I use 1 user for all
coders/builders? or should I have separate accounts? I would like to hear
from people who have this kind of problem.

Oh yeah, drive space is gonna cost me $4.00 CDN per meg, one-time fee.
How much drive space should I buy? my mud on my linux PC takes up 10
megs, including .o, .c, bins, world,  etc... but how big do these things
get? I was planning on buying 20 megs.

Chris Louth
Imp of some unnamed MUD =)