Equip Newbies (CODE)

From: Andrew Paprocki (andrewp@cygnus.rsabbs.com)
Date: 08/03/95

Heh.. here ya go.. I made this to work with my mud so i can't guarantee
that it will work with any other..

You might have to change some things because are now running CircleMUD
in C++ which allows the other comment type and also allows me to declare
the give_obj in the middle of the function.. Also, I doubt the pipe
codes would work good on any other system ;).. good luck..

BTW: i'm still looking for mobprogs patched to work with circle3.0.. can
anyone help? thanks..

Andrew
ArchaicMUD - xanadu.rsabbs.com 6969

-----------------cut------------------

void equip_newbie(char_data *vict)
{
  obj_data *obj;

// Determine EQ by Class

  switch(GET_CLASS(vict)) {
	case CLASS_WARRIOR:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_MAGE:
		int give_obj[]={0.0.0.0.0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_CLERIC:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_THIEF:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_MONK:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_PALADIN:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	case CLASS_ANTI_PALADIN:
		int give_obj[]={0,0,0,0,0,-1};
		break;
	default:
		int give_obj[]={-1};
		break;
	}

// Equip Character

  int i;
  for (i = 0; give_obj[i] != -1; i++) {
    obj = read_object(give_obj[i], VIRTUAL);
    obj_to_char(obj, vict);
    }

// Tell Character

send_to_char("|15As you are born into the world, you gain possession of items",vict);
send_to_char("|15that have been passed down in your family generation after",vict);
send_to_char("|15generation... May the gods protect you.\r\n",vict);
}