Re: sites ya have to pay for?

From: Brian Christopher Guilbault (guil9964@nova.gmi.edu)
Date: 08/25/95

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, Daniel W. Burke wrote:

> are there any other sites that you can pay for?
> $50-70 isn't that unreasonable... not like you couldn't pull the mud
> down and find another site if you couldn't afford it...

> but rahul.net appears to be lag hell... anyone know of some others that
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> you can pay for?

Ya know, our MUD, Quarantine (Beta-Testing still) is running at
rahul.net. It is really weird the way it lags because sometimes it will
run for hours without any lag even during peak hours, and sometimes it will
lag really hard for short periods of time even at 1 or 2 AM machine time.

I think there are currently 3 MUDs on the machine. If you can put up with
a bit of lag now and again it's not all that bad. Someone said that the
link was crummy, but I haven't seen that problem yet, and we've been up
about 8 weeks.

Just a little info,

  -Dante, Area IMP at QuarantineMUD
		(we're still testing) <grin>