Re:

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 09/28/95

You wrote:

>Heres a question for you Circle 3.0 gurus:
>
>I am presently attempting to code a gain command on my mud, so mortals
>not gain automatically upon receiving x amt of xps. In attempting to
>this I entered the file limits.c and made some beggining changes to
>function gain_exp(). If I comment out the GET_LEVEL(ch) += 1; line the
>works well until you strike a blow that would give you adequate

remove the call to advance_level from gain_exp() also....

and the gain command should be somehting along the line of

GET_LEVEL(ch) +=1; (after you check for enough exp that is)
advance_level(ch);

if you'd like I could mail me gain_exp, I did basically the same thing,
except it was in order to gain levels in multi-class....