Re: House problems in Circle30bpl8

From: David A. Carver (DCARVER@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us)
Date: 09/29/95

->From:           churilla@mathcs.duq.edu ("Matthew T. Churilla")
->Date sent:      28-Sep-1995 18:45:54 -0400
->To:             DCARVER@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us
->Subject:        Re: House problems in Circle30bpl8

->OK easy...In comm.c there is a func called close_socket.  Inside thie func
->there is a func called save_char which takes a second argument of integer
->which is the load room.  The save_char func is in db.c.  All you need to do
->is write a macro or something like CHAR_IN_HOUSE which returns nowhere if a
->character isn't in a house or the house room virtual number if a charcter is
->in a house.  Then make sure that when a character is read in from a file...
->interpreter.c(nanny function) that if the load_room != NOWHERE then the load
->room is = real_room(load_room).  Easy pseudo code for it any other questions
->just ask.

Thanks for the suggestion again.  I'll take a look at and try something
like that later today.  I appreciate your help.

Dave Carver

A Tickism minute:
Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future and it's up
to me to lye in it. I am destined to be a superhero, to right
wrongs and pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evil-doers
everywhere. You don't fight destiny, no sir! And you don't eat
crackers in the bed of your future or you get all...scratchy.
Hey, I'm narrating here!
         -- The Tick

| David Carver, Programmer Analyst        "Spooooooooonnnnnn!!!"   |
| Columbus State Community College               -- The Tick       |
| Email: dcarver@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us                          |
| The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and in no way  |
| reflect the views of the college.                                |