House problems in Circle30bpl8

From: David A. Carver (DCARVER@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us)
Date: 09/28/95

Here is the problem I'm running into.  When a person quits in their house I
want them to return to their house the next time they show up.  However,
apparently the current house code does not support this.  What I have
working is the following.  I have it so that it will correctly return a
player to there house if they quit in the house, BUT it only works if they
exit only to the menu and then re-enter the game right from there.  If
they quit all the way out then it doesn't reload them in there house but
the default start room for the players.

I have added the following code to the the char_from_room() function in
handler.c which is called from extract_char, which is called when a player
quits the game. Anyway here is the code added to the end of
char_from_room() to get it working to the point it is now:

/* Save the room so that the character is reloaded into the room next
time. */
   if (ROOM_FLAGGED(ch->in_room, ROOM_HOUSE))
      {
      ch->in_room = world[ch->in_room].number;
      }
   else
     {
     ch->in_room = NOWHERE;
     ch->next_in_room = NULL;
     }
}

As I said this works fine if the user quits in their house, and then
reenters from the menu, but not if they quit all the way out.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  I know the extra { } aren't needed but I
include them for readability.

Dave Carver

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
            -- Nog, The Storyteller

| David Carver, Programmer Analyst        "Spooooooooonnnnnn!!!"   |
| Columbus State Community College               -- The Tick       |
| Email: dcarver@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us                          |
| The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and in no way  |
| reflect the views of the college.                                |