Memory problems... in _doprnt()!?!

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 10/11/95

I've just run into the strangest problem since I've begun
hacking/coding 3.00... I'm getting a segfault/SIGSEV in
_doprnt()!!!  (I found thiss out tracking the crash down
using gdb).
Has anyone run into this problem before?  Will changing
small-buff to 2048 and large buf to 12* 2048 solve the
problem?
I ran into this problem after I rererevamped the 3.000bpl8
to have 3 long int aff_flags, 3 special_acts, and two
item-extras (ran out of bits and even 3 sets may not be
enough).
I also coded some range-attacks (basically fire and throw)
and once I restabilize the code, I'd be happy to re-up it
somewhere (the hardcode of my mud is around 80% of what I
want in the end product... as for softcoded stuff like
mobs and objs and wlds... well, I'm at 0.002%)
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"