Re: non-positive player limit again

From: Wout Mertens (Wout.Mertens@rug.ac.be)
Date: 10/12/95

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Kevin wrote:

> 	I know this was asked recently, but since I didn't have this problem I
> didn't pay attention.  Silly me.  ANyway, I recompiled my mud on my linux box
> at home, and got a non-positive player error.  So I downloaded at fresh version
> of pl8, got the same error.  I have my network configured, the only thing I can
> think of is I'm using an older kernel (1.1.59?) so it would autoprobe for my
> sony cd-rom.  Any help is appreciated...

Well, I fixed it by hardcoding the maximum number of open files in the
mud. Check comm.c, 'cause I don't remember exactly what the name of the
function was... (find something like *limit)

I think it has something to do with Linux itself. The number comes from
the max number of open files - a few reserved ones...

Gekke Eekhoorn of BUG. (I'm back! (Too bad the mud isn't, for now :))