RE: second attack

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 10/13/95

You recently wrote:

> Anyone know how I can create a skill that is only practiced - and not used.
> What i'm specifically looking for is a second attack skill. I'm guessing its
> almost identical to creating other skills with the exception that I leave
> out a definition somewhere.

The simple solution is to make a new skill, (just like sneak, hide,
kick) in spell_parser etc.  But, don't make a procedure/func for it.
Instead, in fight.c, find a convienent place and add something alone
the lines of:
	int attack = 1;
	if <*roll dice*> <= <*SKILL_SECONDATTACK*>
		attack++;
	while (attack-- < 0)
		<*call do_hit*>

This is also good for my proposed E-spec attacks, so that a mob can
also have multiple attacks... I've imped it and now death gets 8 att
per round and is truly deadly :)
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"