First steps

From: Brian Roach (brian@tardis-house.com)
Date: 11/02/95

Hi all...

I just got Circle 2.20 up and running at my site. All that is currently
in place is the standard world and mods that come with the distribution.
I'm looking for suggestions as to some first steps to make administration
easier, and playing more enjoyable. Right now, all my editing of the db
files is being done external to the mud, using emacs. What is a better
way of doing this? Is there a hack or patch for internal editing in
circle? Also, are there any code enhancements that are available and
generally thought of as a good thing to add?

I've been an avid mud player for years, but this is my first time
administrating a mud. I chose Circle as it seemed fairly easy in
comparison to other drivers, and I've played on a couple of them. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Brian