Re: Mirror image (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 11/02/95

You recently wrote:
> From: waliczek gary jason <gwalicze@coewl.cen.uiuc.edu>
[On using dummy mobs as illusions]

> There are only a couple flaws with this method:
> 	1) illusions will leave corpses
> 	2) you have to go down to -10 HPs to die
>
> Difficult spell to code...

For point 1, in LostLands1.00 (which, btw, can now be anonymously
ftp'ed from a temporary site: ftp.wrs.com   in /pub/billy/LostLands1.00)
there is a MOB_FLAG NO_CORPSE and it does just that... in the makecorpse
function, if the MOB is flagged NO_CORPSE, it doesn't leave a corpse.
:)  This was because I wanted to animate corpse (which sorta works), and
have the corpse get the name "corpse of <blah>" which it snags from
a corpse (of course)... however, if corpses of corpses made corpses,
my tester (fiend he was) soon had a corpse of corpse of corpse of ...
you get the idea.   Thus, undeads don't leave corpses in my mud.
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"