Re: Colors.

From: Brian Christopher Guilbault (guil9964@nova.gmi.edu)
Date: 11/03/95

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Richard Adam wrote:

> I am using a Sun silly monitor or something, and when I have colors
> set in CircleMUD 3.0... Most of them are quite bright and unreadable..
> Mainly greens, yellows, and blues.

Here is my solution. It is not a coding solution, but it will work :-)

Get yourself a mud lient like tintin or tinyfugue that supports
"highlighting" and use that instead of telnet. You can make exits appear
green still, but you can make your gossips exits, etc appear red, orange,
or whatever color seems to work.

The reason I say that is because if you change your ANSI codes, some
players may not like that. I speak from experience b/c I played a mud
that did this (changed colors) and ended up changing back b/c ppl didn't
like it.

					Just a coupla cents,

					    -Dante

"...(A MUD is a computer-mediated role-playing game; MUDs can be extremely
complex and, for some people, can become a way of life, like religion or
emacs.)"

"Hackers are socially useful people, though rarely cool."

                                -From "Unix Unbound" by Open Computing