Re: Giving player EQ and Gold on Startup

From: Pink Floyd (floyd@south.mit.edu)
Date: 11/15/95

   Can someone pint me in the right direction to give players a set of
   leathers and some gold upon startup? Im sure someone has done this, how
   did you go about it?

I noticed that you got a reply that used an array of object vnums and a
for loop.  The following code will procude larger executable, but it should
run faster.  (I usually choose to sacrifice memory for speed.)  Just another
option...

/* call do_newbie right after do_start() in interpreter.c */
void do_newbie(struct char_data *ch) {
  struct obj_data *obj;

  switch (GET_CLASS(ch)) {

  case CLASS_WARRIOR :