Splitting list

From: Brian Roach (brian@tardis-house.com)
Date: 11/16/95

I agree with Jason.
I've been playing muds for years, and have always wanted to develope and run
one. I finnaly have the chance to do that, and am very excited about it,
etc. I chose circleMUD over various others because it seemed to be the
easiest to use, in terms of how it was coded, etc (MudOS meant learning a
psedo-C language, which I did not have the time to do, and I liked Circle
better barring a few features...). At the same time, i just set up my own
internet site, so Unix is fairly new to me (I'm a PC guy). So I do feel
kinda silly about that script...
but I was just trying to help.

The point I'm trying to make is this: I am a circleMud newbie. I DID spend
the time looking through the source code, and familiarizing myself with it.
Before I posted a question here (In fact, I don't think i HAVE posted a
question yet), I would try everything I knew to try, using all my resources.
*Not all newbies are the the same.*
I have found this list very useful because of the people on it who have been
coding circleMud longer, and have the experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this - use the list for what it's for:
Sharing information. If someone wants to be a dork, and say, "How do i do
this? I didn't try it myself, but hell, that's what you all are for.". Then
mailbomb the hell out of them and tell them to LOOK AT THE CODE. Don't
remove yourselves from the list. I give you the respect you deserve by not
asking stupid questions that I should have answered myself - respect someone
like me by ignoring posts from those people, and helping the people who
really are trying, but need some help from time to time.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
- Brian