Re: Event Driven Server

From: Who me? (vignes@plato.rtl.selu.edu)
Date: 11/17/95

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Graham Gilmore wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 1995 midnight@agis.ag.net wrote:
>
> > I know a lot of people like me dont want to buy a 40 dollar book and have
> > it be useless or ment for pascal programers (grrr personal experiance)
>
> 	Speaking of books, I had (and lost , unfortunately, will be
> picking up another copy shortly :) one EXCELLENT book on C, called (if I
> remember correctly) the Waite Group's Programming C with Turbo C++ , by
> Robert Lafore.
> 	The latter book I got for about $70 canadian, the former I got
> for $30 second hand.. I expect it would be $45-60 new (canadian).
>
> 	Graham Gilmore

	On the subject of C books I thought I would throw another
book out there.  It's called Using ANSI C in UNIX by Werner Feibel,
published by Osborne McGraw-Hill, 1990.  Its about 600 pages and a
pretty good reference (Its listed at $24.95 but I found it for $13).

Anyway quoting the author...
Using ANSI C in UNIX is designed to teach people who are working on
any Unix-based system to program in C.  Only a basic background in
Unix is assumed.  NO background in C is required.  If you are trying
to learn C and are working on a Unix system, This book is for YOU.

Darksword