A few more jobs/qustions (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 11/20/95

> From: Ben Leibig <leibig@robin.bvsd.k12.co.us>
> Subject: A few more jobs/qustions
>
> 1: Any word on OLC

Word from Levork (who provided iedit/redit) is something along the lines
of:	It's unsupported.  Don't bug me if it kills your mud, you didn't
	read the disclaimers.
I think he was really disappointed in supplying something like iedit/
redit to the public because of all the death threats he received when
people didn't bother reading the readme's.  They did subsequently finish
medit and if it weren't for the silly death-threating losers, it would
probably have been made public also.  Don't even bother mailing levork
about it...  he's quite annoyed.  I've provided a few work arounds for the
iedit/redit that is at the ftp site (basically, avoiding the
renumerization problem by using obj/room stubs) but that only helps new
muds, not established muds.

As for Zedit, I have a menu system semi-function right now which does mobs,
equipment, inventory, and object placement.  It also makes your zone file
look nice and pretty and eats up lots of space by printing out, next to each
zone command, what it does. (for easy reading, I suppose).

What's not done are: door manipulation and containers.

I thought it'd be done two weeks ago, but it's been slow coding because
I've been (misguidedly) consummed by my day job, which puts the food on
ye o' table. ;)

Sorry about the lengthiness of this message... should've stuck with one
word: "Unavailable"
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 MechWarrior II Addict		Red Planet Veteran (Blocker)
 "Argh! My 'O' key is broken!!" - famous last words
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"  - Strom