Re: Graphical Muds and Samedi's OLC (fwd)

From: Alastair Neil (ajn@essex.ac.uk)
Date: 11/24/95

>On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) wrote:
>
>> > Last note:  the OLC system by Samedi has been working at Cities for about
>> >             3 weeks.  We have only run into a few small problems with
>> >             editing mobs -- but have had no problem with creating new mobs,
>> >             objects, or areas.  It has been tested in limited fashion but
>> >             is going into widespread use VERY soon.  The OLC package took
>> >             under an hour to install on 2 muds that I know of even taking
>> >             time to add specific flags for each mud.
>> > Darksword
>> > Imp of Cities of Glory
>> > bucket.ualr.edu 4000
>>
>> Whoah!  Where is this?  I've been hacking at a zedit for years it seems and
>> don't want to spend double that on an medit...
>>
>> ObCode: In the sillymud teleporters, I've looked at the code and it seems
>> like theres a discretacy between the 'help' section and the db section.
>> If you look, there are only 7 argments on the room-sector line, where as,
>> in the db.c area, it reads up to t + 7 (or t+6 and an if-flag)...which leads
>> to the question: What indeed does the tele_mask Count do??
>> have a happy t-day.
>> -Billy H. Chan        ~{3B:FH;~}                  <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
>>  MechWarrior II Addict                Red Planet Veteran (Blocker)
>>  "Argh! My 'O' key is broken!!" - famous last words
>>  "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"  - Strom
>>
>ftp.clark.net/pub/samedi/obuild.tar.gz
>
>Zone editor is back on hold while I work on some goodies for the mortals,
>but should get back on track soon.  The shop editor..well...that's pretty
>low on my priority list :)
>
>Sam

I just don't understand why folks have so much trouble with creating online
creation code - I added complete online creation into Archipelago (circle
2.2 based)
all menu driven, Zone, Object, Mob, World and Shop.  It's just not that hard
granted there is a large amount of grunt coding to do but it's just plug and
grind.  Our online creation has been working smoothly for over 18 months now.

--
Ich habe Dinge gesehen, die ihr Menschen niemals glauben wuerdet. Gigantische
Schiffe, die brannten draussen vor der Schulter des Orion. Und ich habe