Re: A weird problem...

From: Jason Shanfield (jgshanfi@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 12/04/95

Jason Shanfield
email: jgshanfi@midway.uchicago.edu

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Kilkenny wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, corey hoitsma wrote:
> > 	I just got the CircleMUD 3.0 bpl8 release, and I compiled it...
> > 	No problems there..
> > 	But then, the README and running.doc said to run 'autorun'
> > 	in the root dir of the circle program...
> > 	Well, I did that, but it says command not found!
>
> The command it doesn't find is the csh shell, which is the first line if
I think the problem (assuming you arent using some wild variety of Unix,
something more along the lines of HPUX or SunOS) is that the file itself
isnt executable.  You may want to check again to see if you have the
right permissions set...but quickly, just chmod 700 autorun.
I think this is the problem...maybe not...dunno.
Jason