Re: fork()

From: Tel Janin Aellinsar (icarus@loomis.berkshire.net)
Date: 12/19/95

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, J.C.vanIterson wrote:

> If fork() copies all memory from the parent proces to the child
> proces how are pointers handled?
> Would they still point to the parents memory?
>
> Jaco

They shouldn't.  It'd give SIGSEGV, the standard UNIX catch-all
exception, otherwise.  (I think the correct number is exception 12.)

Memory protection and all.  UNIX might handle it differently for child
processes, but I don't think it should, if it does.

icarus@Crocker.COM                           http://www.crocker.com/~icarus
Berserker Dragon -=={UDIC}==-              Ultima Dragons, Internet Chapter
Lord Eric P. McCoy IV                                 Knights of the Cosmos