Re: Code Bloat (was Re: relatively simple hack) (fwd)

From: Chris Herringshaw (xxviper@umich.edu)
Date: 12/19/95

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Kenneth G. Cavness wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, John T. Cox wrote:
>
> Did I mention that except for my rather &=RGODD&N coloring romps, the
> color on Sojourn is sane?

And this has to do with CircleMUD because.....??

> As far as bells and whistles go, though, Sojourn is lacking. It actually
> takes a minimalist view.

And this has to do with CircleMUD because.....??

> Also, keep in mind that Sojourn, unlike any other DIKU I've seen, uses
> event-driven handling, which is a _much_ more solid system than the usual

Sojourn certainly wasn't the first.   I did it a long time before
Sojourn came along, on 2 DIKU muds.  They weren't extensive, but they worked
just the same.  I also used an event server in my own server source,
which was also before Sojourn even started Beta.  I guess you just didn't
look hard enough.  *shrug*

And this has to do with CircleMUD because.....??

> loop-iteration format of all other base Dikus. Take into account the
> string-sharing between mobiles and objects, and yes, Sojourn _is_ a solid
> piece of software engineering.

And this has to do with CircleMUD because.....??

> (Not to mention the fact that this is a program that people work on _As a
> hobby_.)

Yea, so do the other 98% of us.  Big deal.

And this has to do with CircleMUD because.....??

> Azuth@SojournMUD, menzo.sojourn.com 9999
> (nah, I'm _totally objective! :P)

Shit, I got to the bottom of the message, and there was no CircleMUD
content.  I guess Ken's message musta got truncated, because I know
he wouldn't be dumb enough to post off-topic Kiss-Sojourn-Butt
messages to the CircleMUD mailing list.

Yes, I'm still on the mailing list.  Can someone pass along the name
of the administrator?  Non of my requests to the server have been answered,
and I want to get off the list.

Thanks.

---
Christopher Herringshaw       | University of Michigan Medical Center
Special Projects Development  | 1500 East Medical Center Dr. B1-240TC
xxviper@umich.edu             |        Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0704
http://www.umich.edu/~xxviper |                  +0101 (313) 747-2778