Segmentation fault - signal 11 (reply)

From: MUD (mud@rsl.park.tartu.ee)
Date: 02/28/96

> --- SNIP START ---
> Core was generated by `bin/ConMUD.exe 5000'.
> #0  0xdf662de4 in ?? ()
> (gdb) back
> #0  0xdf662de4 in ?? ()
> Cannot access memory at address 0xdfffc614.
> (gdb)
> --- SNIP END -
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means ?
> Has anyone experienced anything similar, if so, how did you remove the 'bug=
> ' ?
>
> Any additional response is welcome.

I've been having similar cases but never have I experienced that it
ruins the name of the function that caused the crash or something.
gdb usually tells you that it cannot access memory likewise.
Well, are the segfaults caused when trying to change the area out of
bounds or just when already changed it?

What I have experienced is when you get the message like 'cannot access
memory' you should run circle under the gdb. That insures that you
are able to see backtrace at least. hehe

regards,
margus