abbriviations

From: Michael J. Cunningham (malice@epix.net)
Date: 03/22/96

Has anyone imped the ability to use abriviations for player
and mob names in the mud. Like instead of 'tell bobby something'
the player could use 'tell bob something' or 'kill bob' instead
of 'kill bobby'. I only want to use abbriviations for names of mobs
/players.... Objs abbriviations could be a little dangerous.  I
assume I should modify the get_char_* functions and probably is_name
function. Would anyone be willing to share their ideas on this matter?
Or how they imped it?

--
|        | alice@epix.net
           Enough Said...