Re: iedit/redit

From: Alex van Koppen (alexk@odie.et.fnt.hvu.nl)
Date: 03/25/96

Hi !

> Hmm, my lkast message didn't seem to make it to the list, so here is a short
> version of it:
< clipped >
> After I LEAVE the olc, if I load the mob, it crashes. I made a small command
> to return the mobs name from the index. i run it and it reports the mobs
> name to me as: X9\ all the time. BUT if I have it fdo the same thing 9report
> the mobs name from the index) while still in the olc it works perfect.

> I have no idea what the problem is. I believe the object olc does the same
> thing but I havent tested it yet. Why is just that mob getting wacked?

Mmh, I would say that the olc-routine frees all allocated storage space
when exiting from it. That would explain your problem. It'd say make sure
that the strings (and other stuff) you use are also copied with the mob,
and that the pointers to them are put into the final mob-prototype.

I got similar problems when I edited the (unfinished, standard pl10) olc-
code.

See ya !
  Alex.

P.S.: If you still can't find the bug, just send me the code.. I'll look
through it, and won't have to write it myself :)