Results of OS survey

From: Daniel C. Cotey (dccotey@brain.uccs.edu)
Date: 03/28/96

	My thanks to those who responded so quickly. This is the tally
after 3 days. Linux seems to be far ahead, and nobody has mentioned any
compile errors with stock circle.

Main systems -

Linux 		: 10
HP/UX		: 3
SunOS 		: 2
IRIX  		: 2
OSF1 /
Digital Unix 	: 2
FreeBSD		: 3
BSDI  		: 2

Off-line coding/Beta systems

Linux		: 6
MAC/unix	: 1
FreeBSD		: 2

	Amoung those who use linux 16mb ram seems to be considered about whats
needed to run circle comfortably.  8mb seems to be considered tight, but
useable if the harddive is fast (EIDE/SCSI) and system is not loaded.
(I have 8 but a fast EIDE drive and seems fine with <10 users)

 Daniel Cotey	   					 dccotey@mail.uccs.edu

   There will be a witty saying here just as soon as I have time to find one