Re: Results of OS survey

From: King of the Pridelands (root@pridelands.rh.ncsu.edu)
Date: 03/28/96

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Daniel C. Cotey wrote:

> 	Amoung those who use linux 16mb ram seems to be considered about whats
> needed to run circle comfortably.  8mb seems to be considered tight, but
> useable if the harddive is fast (EIDE/SCSI) and system is not loaded.
> (I have 8 but a fast EIDE drive and seems fine with <10 users)

	Yeah, my system is 486DX/33 and 8MEG RAM with Linux.
Got a super fast IDE WesternDigital drive and a SeaCrate drive
and it goes pretty fast.  I have 40MEG swap, HTTPD/FTPD going,
an average of 7 to 10 users, XWindows, Circle, and 2 irc bots
running off my machine and it still flies, as long as I
reboot every couple of days ;P

C'ya!

Steve