!heal! 'unaffect' message (bpl8) (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 05/02/96

Sometimes, HEAL and SANC are set to be cumulative.  Also, most of the time,
Having an affect time for heal is silly since it doesn't do anything... well,
at least it didn't in pl8 if I remember right.
Just make then non-cumulative (a simple TRUE to FALSE swap)... and get rid
of one of the MAG_AFFECTS... if I remember right.  Also, standard netiquette
(at least on usenet) presumes a 4 line tops .signature... *hint hint*
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside

I was wondering if anyone else experienced the HEAL spell, and other
MAG_POINTS spells, to add EXTREME values to the affected_by structure of
a char ? it seems sometimes a player is affected by HEAL line 8000
hours... I've been pokign arround in MAG_POINTS to remove it, but I cant
find anywhere, where it would add the duration stuff in MAG_POINTS..
MUD's running on a SunOS setup if thats important.
Oh yes... and does anyone know how to fix it ?

Regards,
Con.