Re: Changing spells without consulting players

From: Hades (tourach@servtech.com)
Date: 05/08/96

> This may be none of your concern but i'm just interested to find out what
> you all think about gods who go around changing spells and other code on
> players without notifying them... especially when these changes really
> stuff up the mud and get players really mad.
>
> This has just happened on the mud that i am on - not for the first time
> either. The earthquake spell for cleric's was changed so that instead of
> being 1/4level*(6d7+10) and using about 35 mana, it was changed to
> something toatally useless (HEAPS less powerful) and it now uses about 85
> mana. This chane has effectively made clerics (along with all the other
> classes) completely useless... this combined with mob upgrades has killed
> the mud.

I dont think the issue is the changing of spells, I think the issue at hand
is the fact that clerics on that mud are earthquakers. If they dont have
earthquake they are useless? I think that mud has got more problems than
just some spell changing problems, how about some game balance where if a
cleric loses a spell the whole class dfoesnt go to shit