Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: Hades (tourach@servtech.com)
Date: 05/08/96

> > There was, around October 1995, a suggestion by many 'old timers' to split
> > the list to two, a newbies list and a more 'advanced' list.  Everyone on
> > the list noted that the newbies would just post to the advanced list
> > anyway and that idea was squashed.  Instead, a bunch of us just up and left.
> > Perhaps I should unsubscribe again.
>
> I'm beginning to think that splitting the list in two parts may be a good
> idea afterall -- this list, which will remain as it is for newbie questions,
> and a second, *moderated* list for "advanced" questions (called
> circle-wizards or something).  I'd be willing to moderate the list if I
> can figure out how, since I've never been a mailing list moderator before.
> circle-wizards would not allow newbie traffic or anything answered by an
> FAQ or any of the documentation (optimally, I should finish coding.doc
> first.)
>
> Is there any support for this idea?

I'd like one... it's a pain to keep seeing 'How do I do multiclass?' :)

Also, when you know what the hell you are talking about, it's sometimes
frustrating to see newbie questions.

Hades

Ps, to jermey, are you graduating this year? My GF's going to JHU next
semester for grad school and I'd like to meet you if you'll be around the
Baltimore area.