Re: the two lists idea...

From: Rose Witt (rtwitt@megavision.com)
Date: 05/10/96

William Garces wrote:

> On Thu, 9 May 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
>

> > On deeper reflection...
> >
> > I tend to believe that if there is an "advanced users" list, the basic list
> > will probably be abandoned by people who both have a clue and are willing
> > to share it, leaving everyone right back where we started.
>
> Hooray! You can count me in the group that are against this idea.  The
> "advanced user" list idea is as bad an idea now as it was the last dozen
> times it's been suggested.  The only virtue I can see in it would be
> that there wouldn't be any more messages from the advanced users
> complaining about how full their mail boxes are.
>
> > Perhaps a better solution to reduce the traffic of clueless mail on the
> > mailing list is to very aggressively pursue writing more documentation for
> > Circle, so that the questions we frequently see asked here will be
> > answerable on the Web or in the circle distribution itself.
>
> That sounds like a great idea.  I haven't installed anything past bpl8
> so I don't know if anything's been added, but I can tell you from the
> perspective of a newbie that the coding.doc that came with bpl8 is so
> incomplete as to be almost worthless.
>
> -WillIf Newbies can not turn to those who know, who can the turn too.
And to those who can code, what if a person(such as myself) can code in C and C++, but
is new to the mudding. My main problem is knowing where to put things. Put a code in
front of my, tell me what you want and I can get it done. Working on Docs for newbies is
a great Idea, Three cheers to all involved. Special thanks to all who answere the
"stupid" questions. There are alot of muds in need of good coders, so feel accomplished
in creating good coders.

Bojang.
Thanks again