QUESTION:Bot mobs

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 05/31/96

Helo again!

Ok, I was going through the documentation of Mob programs and then I read
a great book, Internet Agents, and I wanted to know if there is ANY
implementation of a bot for Circle MUD, I know about spec_procs, and I
know about mob programs, but what I am loking for is a "real" bot, which
was independent of circle code... That could be changed without
recompiling (at least not recompiling the mud code). I saw something
about a Colin and a Julia bots that work in TinyMUDs...

Obivously it could be implemented via spec_procs, but it'd be a duanting
task, and not much portable.

It could also be made with mobprograms, but this bot would eat so
much CPU alone that it'd slow the MUD to a crawl (it is already being
slowed every time someone enter with a lot of equipment with this autoeq
patch).

Maybe there exists some bot I could implement in UNIX that does its own
telnet and interacts with the MUD players as a character, helps them out,
gives messages, chats with them, etc. Maybe through a script or
something, and interacts via natural language...

Has anyone done this for Circle?

Thanks in advance

Mythago
MythagoMUD
148.207.20.189 4000

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/