Re: Autoequip

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 06/02/96

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Per Widerlund wrote:

> Hmm. The following is taken from handler.c equip_char():
>
>   if (ch->in_room != NOWHERE) {
>     if (pos == WEAR_LIGHT && GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) == ITEM_LIGHT)
>       if (GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 2))	/* if light is ON */
> 	world[ch->in_room].light++;
>   } else
>     log("SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE when equipping char.");
>
> The way I see it world[r_mortal_start_room].light will get screwed.
> If it's as you say and nothing gets affected, could you please explain
> how that's possible? Is there any difference between
> d->character->in_room and ch->in_room or what?

Oops, I guess you're right.  I didn't realize it worked in that manner.
I suppose it'd be alright since they're going to be placed into that room
anyway, it might be better to use an inaccessable room.

Perhaps the best solution would be to just place them into the room then
automatically equip them.  It'd require a bit of changing the order and
perhaps splitting up function calls.  It probably won't be that difficult,
but since I've dne neither and I'm thinking off the top of my head...  If
my site would just come back up (it's been down since Friday night).