Too many open files

yeh@seas.ucla.edu
Date: 06/03/96

Hi,

	I'm running circle3.0 and seem to be getting errors like:

SYSERR: READING OBJECT FILE plrobjs/A-E/alex.objs (5): Too many open files
Accept: Invalid argument

	This problem only seems to occur after the mud has been running for
a while (usually after 2-3 days uptime).  I get the feeling that this problem
is occuring because too many sockets have been used since each socket is
an open file.  How do I fix this problem?  Do I just recycle the socket numbers
after a certain point or does the problem go deeper than this or is the
problem something completely different?  Thanks in advance.

-Kalak