Re: NEWBIE: /src/util and other stuff

From: Tim Brutton (Tim@arcady.demon.co.uk)
Date: 06/11/96

> Hmm The only one I tried was wld2html and it compiled fine with
> MSVC++4.1

Nod, that one works, I haven't tried them all but the "purge" one's
don't work, nor does autowiz. I wondered if there was a quickandeasy
fix or if I'm gonna have to through it and see what it's calling :)

> My autorun is controlled by batch files as follows:
>
> MUD.BAT
> ******
> e:
> cd \mud
> src\circle.exe
> mud.bat             <--- re-calls this batch file if the mud exits
>
> You can even control certain aspects of behavior by coding into the
> circle.exe certain errorlevels, then trapping them in your batch
> files.

Nod, or how about IFEXISTS, and use the existing shutdown parameters
- i.e. use shutdown die, then in the script do
IF EXISTS .killscript BREAK (or GOTO something)

..like that.
Hmmm... I don't suppose there's a version of grep for dos? Trying to
do the syslog bits could be tough....

I noticed something else last night! Despite setting free_rent as YES
in config.c, whenever any character quits, all their equipment drops
to the ground???? Weeeirdness.

See ya!

--
Tim Brutton - Now on the WWW! - http://www.blackpool.net/Oneiros/
"The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a