Re: race/class menu

From: Chris Dodd (cdodd@super.win.or.jp)
Date: 06/14/96

>Ofcourse there has to be racial restrictions.  A slow, dumb troll with
>close to no dexterity couldn't possibly swiftly kick anyone without
>announcing the kick 10 seconds in advance, just like a puny hobbit would
>make an awfull fighter.  Get real, there has to be racial restrictions.
>Ok, let any race be whatever they want, but you have to restrict them.
>Why have races at all if you dont?
>
>But also a good point, I'm glad not all muds follow the same "rules".
>
>_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
>_/ Classic@Cloud9.net
>_/ uskgf89j@ibmmail.com
>_/ http://www.cloud9.net/~classic
>_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Well... if you had skill maxes and improvement percentages based on
stats it would help.  As would having strength, dexterity, and other
stats have a base in the combat system.  Or if you wanted to be really
artificial, you could set maxes for each race.

Sure, a troll can try and be a monk, but on 'average' would be a
clumsy, albeit strong, monk.

Oops, forgot I was talkign about on a skill-based mud, too :)

Chris

Chris Dodd
cdodd@super.win.or.jp

Passing my senior year at Waseda University in Japan.