RE: Windows 95

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 06/15/96

   >I am curious if anyone out there is running Circle 3.0 on Windows
>95?  If not or would it just be simplier for me to get Lunix?  Where can I
>buy Lunix and about how much does it cost?  Can I run it on the same machine
>as I have Windows 95, I realize I can't run them both at the same time :).

      I am currently running Circle 3.0 pl 11 on Win95/NT - Couldn't have been easier to get running.

     However, I am going to run the mud under Linux once it's development is complete. Linux is free and can
     be obtained via several methods (CD-ROM, floppies, the 'net) -- I downloaded my copy from the ftp site:
     sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/   also see http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/LDP/gs/gs.html
     for a great newbie's starting guide to Linux.

     Question: Does anyone here run Linux/Unix/etc and Win95 using the same source? I want to be able to
     create a conditional compile flag that will allow me to maintain one source that will run on both systems.

Thanks...

------ gbarnett@polarnet.com ------ http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ ------

Insanity is doing something over and over; expecting a different result.