Re: Diffrences in a.out/ELF?

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 06/15/96

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996, Con wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, Erik wrote:
> >   The version of GDB is fine. But... did you get it from the ELF
> > directory? That is where the elf version is :) I am 100% elf now, and gdb
> > works fine.
> Uhm, care to inform me about your exact system setup, i.e. kernel, libs
> (libc/ld.so), make... etc etc.. and versions and if they come from some
> distribution... , please.
> Allso, exactly where did you get that GDB of yours ?

The binary gdb on sunsite works fine on a elf system.  Slackware 3.0 gdb
is broken.  (ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC/)
My setup is the same as on the help-page http://netrom.com/~soul

----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@winternet.com, jander@fix.bbs.no
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht