Re: CODE: Another simple question that has stumped me...

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 06/25/96

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Stryfe wrote:

> Now, normally there is a blank inserted after the player's name and then
> the title is printed.  I found and removed this blank for the do_who
> function so everything looks right when a played types 'who' however I
> cannot for the life of me find where the space is that I need to take out
> so that when a players types 'l' the character and title are print
> correctly.  I assume it is somewhere in the look_at_room function but I
> don't see it.  If someone could let me know where I need to look I'd be
> greatly appreciative.  Thanks again.

The removal of the space should only be neccessary when using punction
marks.  So you can, alternatively, do:

  sprintf(buf, "%s[%2d %s] %s%s%s",
	  GET_LEVEL(tch) >= LVL_IMMORT ? CCYEL(ch, C_SPR) : "",
	  GET_LEVEL(tch), CLASS_ABBR(tch), GET_NAME(tch),
	  *GET_TITLE(tch) && isalpha(*GET_TITLE(tch)) ? " " : "",
	  GET_TITLE(tch));

Forgive me if it's not terribly correct, I've not played with the stock
do_who() in quite a while.

As for where the code is in 'look', look at the beginning of
act.informative.c, there should be a function which shows characters.
Perhaps look_at_char or show_char_to_char, something like that.  But, once
again, I've not looked at stock lately.

	-dak