Re: Color

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 07/01/96

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Nuku Nuku wrote:

> Btw, for those of you that added the Easy color thingy that was put over
> this list a little while back.  (I dont remember the name of the writer
> (sorry) So i can't credit him)  First, it works great, though you need to
> add a few more colors to the array.  Second, remember that mortals can
> use the colors too.  If you DONT want this, in comm.c in the
> process_input procedure, put:
>
>     if (t->character)
>       if (GET_LEVEL(t->character) < LVL_IMMORT)
>         proc_color(tmp, 0);
>
> RIGHT before
>
>    if (!failed_subst)
>       write_to_q(tmp, &t->input, 0);
>
> This will strip the \c codes out of whatever they wrote.  While you could
> do this other ways, I liked this so that other people wouldn't learn the
> codes.

Wait, not being familar with the code that was sent out, and only being
familar with the code I wrote two years ago to accomplish this, there
seems to be a logic error here.  I assume that proc_color(tmp, 0) removes
the color codes from the string (tmp)?  If so, what you have effectively
done is make it so mortals cannot see the color, but they still may use
them.  Am I correct in my assumption?

	-dak