Re: Color

From: Nuku Nuku (backdoor@wam.umd.edu)
Date: 07/01/96

> >     if (t->character)
> >       if (GET_LEVEL(t->character) < LVL_IMMORT)
> >         proc_color(tmp, 0);
> >
> > RIGHT before
> >
> >    if (!failed_subst)
> >       write_to_q(tmp, &t->input, 0);
> >
> > This will strip the \c codes out of whatever they wrote.  While you could
> > do this other ways, I liked this so that other people wouldn't learn the
> > codes.
>
> Wait, not being familar with the code that was sent out, and only being
> familar with the code I wrote two years ago to accomplish this, there
> seems to be a logic error here.  I assume that proc_color(tmp, 0) removes
> the color codes from the string (tmp)?  If so, what you have effectively
> done is make it so mortals cannot see the color, but they still may use
> them.  Am I correct in my assumption?

No, this is in process_input.  The information that the player is sending
to the mud.  If they are less than LVL_IMMORT, it strips out all the
codes from their "input".  However, any color codes that are put in by
gods, or are in the game, are processed by the call to proc_color in
process_output, sending the color codes to the players properly.

-Pirahna