'add' function (obj)

From: Nick (hash@brionne.cyberverse.com)
Date: 07/04/96

Hello again

  About a week ago I posted a request similar to this one in which I included
code that I made for a certain function (explained below) that I needed someone
to find a bug in.  Basically, the situation is this:  I need a function (which
I called 'add') that when you do something like 'add obj 15' would add (Create)
a new object with a VNUM of 15.  The code that I wrote would create a blank
object in your inventory and would claim to add successfully, but there was a
problem - when i tried to 'load obj 15' after i created it, it claimed there
was no such object.  So, after spending hours trying different solutions, I
gave up.  (I don't want to install Obuild or Oasis or anything, I just need
this one little section of it.)  I did look at obuild/oasis, but the method
that they used was almost exactly like mine... can someone tell me how to make
a new object register as a real_object?  If you want to see my code that I have
so far, ask and I'll post it so you can analyze it. =)

thanks again