Re: Directions for Adding Levels - Big Spam!

From: Mike 'Doc' Levine (mrunix@ic.net)
Date: 07/06/96

Daniel W. Burke wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Mike "Doc" Levine wrote:
>
> > This is a first draft copy. Corrections please mail direct to mrunix@ic.net.
> >
> >                     ADDING LEVELS TO YOUR MUD
> >
> I didn't read it completly, but a rough skimming it seems that saving
> throws in spell_parser.c were skipped....
> I;ve noticed that people tend to forget about them all the time when
> adding classes or levels....
>
> Brazil

Dear Daniel,

The instructions that I posted were clearly for Circle 3 pl 11. If you go into
spell_parser.c you will find the following comments:

* NOTE: SPELL LEVELS ARE NO LONGER ASSIGNED HERE AS OF Circle 3.0 bpl9.
* In order to make this cleaner, as well as to make adding new classes
* much easier, spell levels are now assigned in class.c.  You only need
* a spello() call to define a new spell; to decide who gets to use a spell
* or skill, look in class.c.  -JE 5 Feb 1996

In my instructions youu will find a section which indicates to the readers
"You'll have to change a lot of stuff in this section" under class.c

Thanks for your comments.
Doc
mrunix@ic.net