Re: wiznet color

From: Finn Joakim Kennedy (finn@cs.utexas.edu)
Date: 07/09/96

Found it thanks :)

From goamkows@janeway.geog.scarolina.edu Tue, 9 Jul 96 16:53:38 EDT
From: the count <goamkows@janeway.geog.scarolina.edu>
To: circle <circle@pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 16:53:00
Sender: owner-circle@pvv.ntnu.no

:P On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, James Rutledge wrote:
:P > As far as the FAQ being posted bi-weekly, since this list doesn't
:P > generate an extremely high traffic rate, it would save bandwith and
:P > the like to just post it monthly.  Just my opinion...

*cough*
NOT high volume?!  50+ messages a day is not high volume?
*boggle*
(is that analogous to the US senator who considers middle class to be
those who earn between $350k-$700k? and because he only makes $250k,
he therefore considers himself lower class? ;)

and yes, i know lists like M:tG generate a lot more traffic, but then
all the other mailing lists that i myself am on are only on the order
of a dozen or so messages a WEEK, so i guess it's all relative :P

:P I'd personally like to get a pointer to it into the CircleMUD mailout
:P that you get when you join the list... but I have no idea whatsoever
:P who is in charge of that anymore... anyone out there know?

good idea - maybe this combined with a once-a-month posting would do
the trick (how many people save that initial mailing anyway? ;)
if not, than twice a month might be more in order.

or, maybe just a short note every week or two giving a pointer, so
that you aren't actually sending the entire bloody thing every time,
thereby saving everybody a lot of grief...

:P --
:P Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.

what a brilliant, succint .sig - best i've seen on the net so far :)