(no subject)

From: Romulan (romulan@x-net.net)
Date: 07/11/96

      Actually, you can store an infinite number of words in a variable, or
capture an infinite number of words in a trigger.  To capture a long name
with a trigger, as in the mob names you mentioned, use this:

#trigger '(*) has arrived.' '#VAR mob {%1}'

This sets the variable "mob" with the value of whatever was in the space
occupied by (*).  So, if you wanted to set an alias like this:

#alias {killem} {kill @mob;kick @mob;cast 'spell' @mob}

the alias would hit the mob, kick them, and then cast a spell of your choice
on them.  Beware though--I would set the trigger in a class by itself
(literally), and disable the class to avoid attacking players with the
"killem" alias.  One last thing...if you need to remove the words "the" or
"a" from the mob name, just make the above trigger like this:

#trigger '(*) has arrived.' '#VAR mob {%1};%remove({the|a}, @mob)'

Then, if a mob like "the mercenary" arrives, the script automatically checks
to see if "the" or "a" occurs in the variable "mob", and removes all
occurances of it.  Thus, if you typed "killem" after the mercenary arrived,
the alias would expand to:

kill mercenary
kick mercenary
cast 'spell' mercenary

instead of expanding to the following alias, which would not really work,
and result in a message like "They aren't here":

kill the mercenary
kick the mercenary
cas 'spell' the mercenary

Hope this helps some.  If you need to reply to this, please mail it to
romulan@x-net.net instead of the mailing list :).  Also, mark the subject as
"PERSONAL" so that I don't lose it amid the mailing-list clutter.

------
Romulan (romulan@x-net.net)
http://www2.x-net.net/mud/zmud.htm