Re: QUESTIOn: Dodge & parry (was Mob skills & Guildmaster)

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/12/96

> I am curious, how have you guys implemented DODGE & PARRY?
> As an affection
> As a spell
> As a skill that has to be called
> As a skill that once is learnt its always present

Both of them are skills that are learned and always present.

> I am curious as to what is the best way to do this (my choice would be
> the last one, on idea on how to do it, tho')

Basically, you put a call in the battle routine to check to see if one or
the other has dodge or parry, then see if the skill was successful.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook