Re: movement

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/17/96

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Angela Loos wrote:

> This may be a really stupid question - but can anyone tell me why having
> a statement with a call to the following causes my mud to crash?
>
> #define ENCUMBPER(ch) ( (int) (( CAN_CARRY_W(ch) / IS_CARRYING_W(ch) ) *
> 10))

Divide by zero error most likely.  If the player is empty-handed, this
macro will cause a segfault eevry time.  You could probably change the
IS_CARRYING_W part to (IS_CARRYING_W(ch) ? IS_CARRYING_W(ch) : 1) without
throwing your equation off.

You may also want to rethink the basic equation, since the more your
players carry, the lower the encumberance.

Sam