Re: A plan for P-Killing

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/17/96

> Basically, I want to have a mob/'guild' of mobs who will check every so
> often, and if someone has the P-theif flag set (or I'll put that in, too,
> since it doesn't seem to be working right) then the mob will start
> hunting the PC in question.

Hmmm...you could work that into the cityguards too.

> I saw something like this on a Diku years ago, as a group of mobs called
> the Huntresses, and I loved it.  Sadly, I don't remember the MUDs name,
> or if it was stock Diku (I'd think not), so I can't just look at that
> source.

I like the idea!  If you can't find one, do not be discouraged, I think
that I will work on one myself.

> Has anyone implemented a system like I described above?  I like to get
> other people's thoughts before I dive into something, in case they see
> things in a different way.  Doing that saved me a lot of trouble when I
> put in my zone command, and the players dig it much.

Not yet, but you gave me an idea for another little bit of fun...hired
mob assassins.  YOu hire a mob to kill a player.  As you can guess, this
one could create some interesting fun.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook