Damage modification?

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/17/96

Ok, I am removing ROOM_DEATH types and replacing them with ROOM_DAMAGE
types (stop your gasping, I'm gonna explain myself) but I know that the
only way to call damage() is with both a victim and an attacker.  Now,
unless someone can give me a way around this, how can I modify it so that
if the victim=attacker, that it will not give a "<your name> hits you
hard" message, but a "You are hit hard" message.  This will also be
useful for other little things.

Now, the reason for ROOM_DAMAGE....if a DT is one that burns, what
happens if a player can resist fire?  If the DT is falling, what is the
player can fly?  I am going to make it so that you can resist, or even
avoid damage altogether if you have good protection.  This will make it a
littl more realistic, and add aan element of difficulty if you need to
attack a mob with a specific type of damage.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook