Re: Windows 95 editor

From: Gerry Smith (gsmith@dnc.net)
Date: 07/23/96

Hmmm, I wrote a Win95/NT ZON editor using VB4 and have had no problems with CR/LF
issues. I read in the existing file, stripping all CR/LF as I read it into a textbox
(using Line Input #). I parse the file and do my editing, then save the file back to
disk, adding only the CR (VB has the CR/LF pair defined separately as VBCr and VBLf
constants (CHR$10 and CHR$13)). I have NOT ried to ftp the text file however, and I
agree that a binary ftp would produce undesirable results.

Anyway, a Win95/NT editor could get around these issues, provided that the
programmer took this into account, and that any ftp was done in ASCII mode.

Gerry
-----
IMP - Mountains of Maragor (mud.dnc.net 4000)
System Administrator - Direct NET Communications