Re: Circle MUD 3.0 for Win 95?

From: Limratana (wlimrata@merlin.cc.manhattan.edu)
Date: 07/24/96

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Michael Cruz wrote:

> Hi there.  I beleive it is possible to compile Circle MUD 3.0 to run under
> Windows 995, but I do not have a compiler to accomplish this.  I was
> wondering if you know if there is any place that has a compiled Circle MUD
> 3.0 that is capable of running under Windows 95?  I have been looking but
> have been unsuccessful in finding such a thing.  Could you point out a site
> where I could find a compiled version of Circle MUD 3.0 that runs under
> Windows 95?  Thank you for your time.
> 								~Mike~

I can send you Circle.exe stock, and you'd just have to put it in the src
directroy with the rest of your circle directroy.  I don't know how
helpful this is because you won't be able to modifiy the code and compile
it again, right?  Unless all you are interested in is seeign a stock circle.
Also, when you run Circle on W95, you gotta make sure you have winsock.dll
installed and when you want to connect ot the mud, run 'telnet localhost
4000' from a command prompt.  Simpy running telnet directly through the
gui won't connect.  I have no clue why.